Sebae Info

amuruges

I am looking to try and keep a sebae in a 29gal tank with 20gal sump, one 175 MH and 2x55w Actinics. The tanks been running for over a year used to be all SPS now that I have upgraded all the corals to a 100 gal, the 29 is empty, Is that a possibility or should I just forget about it. I coould ppossibly upgrade to a 50gal tank (36x18x18)

If I can Where can I find a good sebae, most LFS here has these white/yellow ones, but from all I have read these are animals that has expelled their zooxanthells(sp?). What is woould be my best approach in acquiring one?

Also if you have pictures of your sebae's please post so I will have an idea of what a healthy one should look like. Thanks.

Try an easier to keep anemone. Sebea anemones are fairly cheap and arrive to the LFS pratically dead.

Try and go with a BTA (buble tip anemone) are the easiest to keep. Try and do more research on any living marine animal before you buy plz. try google ype in bubble tip anemone.

Sam

with that lighting a sebae would be fine.. just find a healthy one to start with..a healthy one should be a nice brown color..

The lighting you have is more than enough for this species. It should do fine under it. However, if it is bleached, the anemone will be somewhat sensitive to it. Once it has settled down into a proper location, try feeding it heavily and frequently--every other day is good. The best foods tend to be fish-based ones, cut up into manageable sizes.

my experience is that my sebae only really likes to eat fish, so i feed it silversides. it spits out krill, shrimp, scallops, etc.

Back