Setting Up my 210 in New Tampa

arky69

I live south of Wesley Chapel. Is it possible to do a local pickup of the two parts of The Package? Also, 420 lbs of rock sure seems like it would be too much rock. Is that much really what I should use? Thanks.

Okay. Thanks. I need to get all my equipment setup and saltwater in the tank first.

Obviously, I don't want to fill the tank/sump completely and then add the rock. So, approximately how much volume will be displaced by the sand and rock? Perhaps half full or 3/4 full of saltwater prior to placing the sand/rock and then top off the saltwater to get proper levels? Or should I use some other method?

Yes....fill it up....let the system run a week or two.....make sure everything is kosher....no leaks...issues........I had a 210 here in my living room........great tank...I had 5 purple tangs...perfect citizens.....ran it on a MD4 little giant...that was it...no other filters...add ones...nada...was a perfect tank using the real live sand and rock.....until one sunday I was in the keys collecting and the other 1/2 called me at 3am......nothing like a seam spit on your tank in the middle of the night...lol.....it did last 15 years....and failure was my fault...the 1/2 plywood base....failed due to saltwater creep.....use starboard for sure....plywood......a little sag....and leak time...starboard does not sag....ever....great stuff I use it on my boat a lot also.... :beer:

Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Back