Shadowing problem

Alvin88m

So I have a 40g cube 24x24x16 I'm currently running AI Hydra 26s 15" from the water line. I've been acclimating my corals to the lights and just recently started moving some around and noticed that my green slimmer was very dull almost white on one side but bright green on the other. I'm wondering if this is due to me not running the intensity high enough or something else. I'm running all blues, uv, purple at %80 and all whites, green and red at 35% with overall intensity on the blues at about %36 and all the whites at %15. Is that not enough?

It's common for SPS corals to be dull on the shaded side. Is your color good where it gets light? If so your lights are probably fine although when I ran a Hydra 52 over my 50 gallon 24" x 24" x 20" semi-cube I ran them at about 60% so I would tend to think you could up the power. It's very difficult to advise without PAR readings. Any chance of borrowing a PAR meter from a local fish store or club?

It's common for SPS corals to be dull on the shaded side. Is your color good where it gets light? If so your lights are probably fine although when I ran a Hydra 52 over my 50 gallon 24" x 24" x 20" semi-cube I ran them at about 60% so I would tend to think you could up the power. It's very difficult to advise without PAR readings. Any chance of borrowing a PAR meter from a local fish store or club?
I've been looking around for a PAR meter but my biggest problem is where I live the red hobby is not very popular and the one LFS around here is very good and don't have much so I have to order most of everything online so if have to purchase my own PAR meter and I've heard they can get pretty expensive.

And yes the color is good where it gets light.

Back