Show me your LPS dominated reeftanks!

Ahh okay, is it pink because of the lighting?
It naturally looks pinkish beige to me, however the Purple Plus T5 really brings out it's pink colors.

If you google (Finger leather) Images, you'll find that they come in pink and other colors like yellowish, so mine is a pink variety.

I like it a lot and that is one of the reasons it's my center piece coral.
The other is it needs that space for room and it also dead center below my Kessil Light which keeps it growing symmetrical, rather the lopsided (since it will bend and stretch towards best lighting).

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I always that they came in the tan/beige scheme. I'll have to add it to my list if I can find a pink variety.

I looked a few posts up this thread, and found that year ago photo. (Corals do grow, but you don't notice when watching daily)

2016-07-30_Yearago_zpsyaaf86fv.jpg

How do you guys take images like this without the actinics or other lights making the images looked all bleached out. I cant use my iphone or my actual camera without everything looking super brights, like you cant tell what the colors actually are.

3f52d7d508a6533e858de03ea28d25fb.jpg

50gln system few months old picture .. Tank is much cleaner now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is simply amazing. I just dont get it, I have torches and hammerheads and (1) my torch coral tentacles NEVER extend that far, they just kind of barely come out, and (2) my hammerhead coral does not fill in like yours. My hammerhead just has one head here or there and you can see the base pretty easily. My alk/calcium/mg are all in good range, and my phosphate is about 0.05 and nitrates are pretty low (I do carbon dosing with NO3PO4X).

TEACH ME

64a46e12361b79ceed7a4d1c83f41b36.jpg

30x24x16 cube
Needs some cleaning just got back from vacation . One of my bta decided to take a ride stinging red dragon and that huge lobo

30x24x16 cube
Needs some cleaning just got back from vacation . One of my bta decided to take a ride stinging red dragon and that huge lobo

really nice tank!
Did you just glue monti frags to back or glass and watch it grow?

30x24x16 cube

Great looking tank. Wish my Zoa's and Richordia's looked like that.
What are your Nitrate levels? (Maybe other water parameters too)

Wow, seeing some of these tanks really inspires me. Question though, can one put a torch next to a hammer or frogspawn? I have a 29 biocube and quickly running out of room in there! I have 3 branching hammers, a torch and 3 frogspawns. Just looking for some in put. Thanks!

Every time I peruse this thread I wish I didn't go barebottom...

Don't regret going Glass Bottom (Cyano, GHA, Brown Algae). It's the best thing I ever did.

I had problems continuously with Sandbed. Then when I removed it things clicked. Just have enough live rock (with extra in the sump).
With glass bottom, you see the Ditritus build up and easy clean sweep during Water Change Sihpon. My Ditritus accumulates as seen in left corner.

Just lay some corals on Flat Rocks, on the Glass bottom to fill in the space. Make use of the "Clean Glass Stable bottom"

I did remove my Leather (as seen in picture in previous Post).
Best things I ever did. It was taking up too much space and shading.

With extra room for layout, moved the LPS around (and Glued everything down)
Plus added one special "Aussie Golded Torch (Front-View-Bottom-Right)" to complete the LPS mix.
I have room for nothing more. Time to grow everything out.

BTW:
The Multi-pieces of Frogspawn (seen in front view) started with 1 head about 12 years ago.
Same with the Trumpets. Just one head originally.
Even Sold many heads over time since too many. So they do grow well and easy to keep. (No special feeding, just Light).

Here is the new layout (FRONT)

32659097464_5cf9f55772_b.jpg

Tank is 3 Sided viewing between Kitchen & Family Room (Back/Side View)

33131294050_d3f33b70d3_c.jpg

Back side is where the fish Hang out. They like the Current from the Return Tube.

I'm slowly stripping off the Sand Bottom from my other SPS tank. Had enough!!

And to answer to post above "Yes you can mix, match, Euphylia corals (Frogspawn, Torces, Hammers, etc).
I have all of the types, and they brush/touch against each other.
(But they will sting other coral. Trick to keeping sweeper is check, is have good circulation, it limits their reach)

Newest LPS addition is the "Aussie Golden Torch", which I just mounted in a open spot to expand.

Last edited:
Very nice color mix. All the corals look healthy and happy.
I bet those clowns enjoy places to hang around in.

Show me your LPS dominated reeftanks!

5151ae099c701c8136677eefb3311f8e.jpg

I hadn't seen this thread before now. Here's my 80 gallon SCA aquarium. All of these started as frags.

Back