Sick Brain?

yoggi58

Hello, This morning as i was leaving for work i did my morning tank check as usual. I noticed these white spots on my green open brain. It is not bleaching or recesion of the flesh but looks almost like calcium deposits or white "spongi" growths all around the mouth and center circle. The "fleshy" area on the sides looks normal. The first thing i thought was that it had sand or debree of some sort so i put it in front of a power head to blow off the stuff. A very little came off, most just staid there. The lights were off so i counld not get a very good look at it. Recently i have been trying to bring nitrates down from 25ppm. I am not convinced that this is causing it because all my corals were growing good. I am doing big water changes every other day to bring them down. The other problem that i had recently is that i raised the calcium level too quicly. I was raising calcium slowly by dripping calcium supplement in to my sump, and somehow the whole bottle fell in while at work (I should get some dosing pumps instead of trying to rig stuff). This took my calcium level from 320 to 450. I am more inclined to belive that this is my problem. One of my sps colonies bleached that day, but everything else looked good. Now the brain has these things. I will take a picture once i get home, i would like to know if there is something i can do to help it.
Its a 125g tank.
Amonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 25
Alk 9
Calcium 450
temp 79 - 81
Salinity 1.025
My tank was 4.5 years old and doing great untill it the bottom seal broke and leaked while i was on vacation. Lucky that i had the 125 in the garage and my inlaws switched it for me and saved mostly everything. Now with the new tank i have been having problems. This new tank has a brand new sand bed so i think that is why i am having nitrate problems and algea blooms. It is hard to go from water changes on 72 gallons to changes on a 125 but will keep it up.
Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

Goog news, the white things went away. I also did a 40% water change yesterday so this should bring my nitrates down. Thanks for the help.

Back