side shots from my 240

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11727292#post11727292 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefkeeper135
well my search is over I found a 240 and me and my son are picking it up friday. The dimension on mine are 72Lx30Wx25T cant wait!!! What are you using for circulation and return?

Congrats! I am using an OceanRunner 6500 and 4 MJ Mods for circulation.

Congrats that is one really awesome tank you have!!

Can we see a Full Tank Shot? Stand and Canopy?

Thanks !!

Here are some new pics with my new lights. Tank is now lit by all T5's.

IMG_3189.jpg

IMG_3180.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

IMG_3191.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

awesome lighting improvement! I've always been curious about t5's but never seriously considered including them in my next upgrade until now. May I ask for specifics on your bulb configurations/manufacturer and price you paid?

Looks awesome online, can't imagine the coloration in person!

Thanks for the comliments everyone!

taku... I am using IceCap retrofits from reefgeek. 8 of the bulbs are overdriven with IceCap 660 ballasts and the other 8 are normal output ballasts. Here is my bulb combo
Front
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Aquasun IC 660
Ati Blue Plus
ATI Procolor IC 660
UVL Actinic White IC 660
Giesseman Actinic Plus
UVL Aquasun IC 660
ATI Blue Plus
Back

RR14... The refugium is lit by a 28watt Coralife fixture with a 6700K bulb.

nice tank! how do you like the T5's compared to MH? i may be switching to 12x54 T5 on next tank 60x30x25.

I am very pleased with the t5's. I now have better light spread than before. Several corals that were not getting enough light have colored up and are already showing some growth.

I have a question for you completely off subject of your lights. I noticed that you have beautiful corals. What are you feeding them? I'm newer to the hobby and Just ordered my metal halide lights and have bought a few acropora and some other SPS and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I should be feeding them. I appreciate this information. Also, I would also like to know how often you feed them and if you target feed them. Thanks Again

Josh

taku... no problem

joshallan86... They only thing my corals get to eat is fish poo. I have 21 fish and they get fed plenty. Removing the nutrients quickly is also important, so a good skimmer is a must have.

Back