Simple tool to remove the Volute on a Sicce pump

So anyone make this tool that Jon Warner and I came up with? It will make your service life of your Sicce so much better.

I haven't yet, but I intend to. I have 2 Sicce pumps, one brand new and one older one that has plenty of gouges, this should make taking them apart a breeze! Great idea guys!
Phyllis

Great idea. Just be sure to silicone lube the o-rings while the volute is apart. Makes future removal 1000 times easier.

interesting... I've had a Sicce pump on my BM200 for at least 2-3 years and I've never had an issue taking off the top to service the pump.

I haven't yet, but I intend to. I have 2 Sicce pumps, one brand new and one older one that has plenty of gouges, this should make taking them apart a breeze! Great idea guys!
Phyllis

It absolutely does! I have used mine a few times now and it is a snap. Before I really had to work at getting this thing apart (even after lubing the O rings).

One thing: I discovered that my venturi injector simply twists off the end of the volute so I did not have to cut the extra hole in my "tool" to accommodate. This may be a recent improvement in design.

The only reason I mention this is that cutting the hole for the venturi turned a 2 minute project into about a 10 minute project.

Easy and cheap! Just the way I like it!!!

I am glade you all like it. Now for the ones how have not done it. Get to it!! You will love it when you make it.

Great tool

Great tool

I haven't made this tool yet. I know for sure it makes the job absolutely easier. Happy to read this thread. Mucho Thanks:D

No problem whats so ever. I glade to help.
When Jon Warner from Warner Marine Research told me how He takes them a part and how he maid a tool for doing it all day. I said that will be a great DIY tool! Lots of us can build and use.
Good Luck! Let us know how you make out with it and how you like it.

Back