six line wrasse or other?

rsteagall

Recently I have had a small outbreak of flat worms. I find this curious becuse I havn't added anything to my tank in about 6 months or more. I suppose they've always been there, just not as abundant as they are now. I also have quite a few bristle worms that I know came in on some LR I bought from someone getting out of the hobby.

With that said, I'm looking for a way to help keep this population in check. How do you guys feel about the six line wrasse? Will they help with both the flat worms and bristle worms?

Currently I have about 5 green chromis, 1 bi-colored blenny, 2 royal gramma, 2 clowns, and 1 blue line gobie with several zoas and a large head of anthelia. Any compatability problems with adding a 6line wrasse?

Thanks,
Ryan

I know they really like bristle worms, but i'm not to sure about the flatworms. Why would you want to get rid of the bristle worms though, they are good for your tank.

In the past 2 days, I've witnessed a bristle attack on a nassarius snail trying to swallow it whole and a blue legged hermit get drug back under a rock with the worm. I was able to shine a light on the snail attack and it let go, but wasn't able to save the hermit. There's no telling what kind if terrorist activites these things are doing while I'm sleeping. :p I'm really just wanting to keep the larger one's in check.

So, they do like brissles though?

the 6 line in my tank ate all the bristle worms in the 60 gal.
but they were small like a spaghtti noodle not a #2 pencil.
you might need a larger wrasse to take out the big worms.
something about 6 inches pointed mouth bright colors dont
know about stars wrasses seem to be just food agressive. they
will starve out a gobie.

larger wrasses

larger wrasses

Be aware that some of the larger wrasses that may eat your large worms will potentially also move rocks in you tank looking for food! I have seen large wrasses make a mess of a tank! Good luck

Back