skimmer rental

digidana

does anybody know if such a thing exists? or does anybody have an extra one they would be willing to rent out for a little bit? or, do you think it would be ok to run my little seaclone 100 on the 240 for a couple weeks since it won't have much of a bioload?

i talked to fedX yesterday, and its a big mess with the big euro reef that they destroyed...said it could be 4 to 6 weeks before they decide if they're going to cover it or not. so i don't want to buy another one until that mess is worked out.

suggestions?

thanks!

thanks, waynesworld. i just got back from the cr and talked to dave a good bit about it, and i think i'm going to just go naked (skimmerless) for a couple weeks. i have about 350lbs of fully cured rock and some live sand in there (will have more when i pull it in from the 55). so he said i should be ok for a while if i keep an eye on water quality and keep up with water changes. i didn't realize this was an option. i really appreciate the offer!

I'm coming through Nashville on Feb 9, but yeah...just go skimmerless...seriously...no big deal. Increase the water changes if you are worried.

Lemme just be the first to say...you bought a Euro Reef? Daaaayuuuum...that's awesome.

The mushrooms will love a brief period of skimmerless. Mine were stagnant in growth while I ran 0 nitrates for a while. Then my skimmer air intake tube fell in the water and I didn't notice for 6 weeks (perhaps I don't check my skimate cup like I should). Nitrates went up to 25~30 for a while and my mushroom grew upt he back wall of the tank and the macro-algae in the sump went nuts and filled up my refugium. Most of the LPS seemed to grow faster during that time, but I can't be entirely sure. Killed all my monti caps, though. But that could have been the high temperatures of summer.

HUGE load off...i was wondering what the heck i was going to do. got a great deal on the euro reef. it was an older model of the rs500, that normally runs about $2000-2200, and i got it for $530 shipped. but thanks to fedX it showed up cracked and missing the lid! :0(

Back