skimmers going nutso

jaylensdad06

Hey was curious to know if n e one uses the deep blue carbon pads? I put one in the bubble trap in my sump and my skimmers r goin crazy. I rinsed them well atleast I thought I did. Was curious if n e 1 else had this problem of should I look at something else. I just changed my sock the other day n it really settled already and now it's goin nuts.

mine will do that for filter socks and filter floss, i just turn the output tube, decreasing the bubbles for 5-10 min then its fine.

Is the pad restricting flow in the bubble trap ? Just enough to raise level in skimmer area? Hope you get it figured out.

No the water level stayed the same...I have the output tube turned all the way open and the bubbles a pushing the top off and running down the outside of my skimmers. It's been over night now and I woke up and it's still doing it....I'm sure it's not the sock cuz the sock was already in the water for 2 days and the skimmer already settled back down.

823396e3dacfa294f1a91641be02f3db.jpg

I did...and it took another day but it settled down. I wonder y it freaked out like that? I see people use the carbon pads all the time.

Back