SLASH Q's, I'm back, and is anyone culturing phyto, pods, rotifers, or brine?

jmh11788

jhunter
And have some they want to sell?

I have a phyto connection on r 2 r, but a local one would be nice. I would like to experiment feeding brine and/or rotifers to my SPS. Somebody has got to be cooking up some! Pods are always nice too.

I was a SLASH member once up a time. I only remember making it to one pool party event. I was young, poor and ultimately had to take down my reef. I believe I am still in debt to the coral donor program. I apologize for not making good on donating back. Maybe I'll have a chance this go around to fix that.

Anyways, I'm back after 8 years with a 25g AIO focusing on SPS. I saw a saltwater tank through a window... for the first time since breaking mine down. That's all it took. Maybe a month later, I had ordered everything I needed.

Would love to make some STL connections again. How's SLASH doing nowadays?

We are still here as a core group of 20-30 that hang out at pizza nights. Our frag swaps see 200-300 people twice a year. I've got a get together this Thursday at my house if you want to swing by. Jordan Kutan?sp sells phyto locally.

I can get some brine but I haven't seen significant differences in SPS. I do see differences in LPS when i feed it though.

We are still here as a core group of 20-30 that hang out at pizza nights. Our frag swaps see 200-300 people twice a year. I've got a get together this Thursday at my house if you want to swing by. Jordan Kutan?sp sells phyto locally.

Glad to hear you all are still kicking it. I'll do my best to make it over on Thursday. I think I could be there by about 6 and maybe stay till 8. Club dues still $20?

I can get some brine but I haven't seen significant differences in SPS. I do see differences in LPS when i feed it though.

Baby brine in particular, if that needed clarification. I was going to order a Brine Shrimp Hatchery Dish, but figured I'd try a a few bottles of someone else's before committing to culturing my own.

I'm just looking to add a little more variety with live foods. I currently feed Benereef every couple days, frozen LRS Reef Frenzy 1-2 times daily, and pellets on an auto feeder(still dialing in this one).

Sorry I missed the pool party. Hope it was a good time.

I'm a carpenter. The heat and humidity this week just about destroyed me. I worked late wrapping up a job Thursday and I barely had the energy to drink beer at my own house. =P

I'll keep an eye around here for more events in the future.

Back