Smash my apex with a hammer...PART 2! ApexFusion: no comm issues

mrsixstrings12

Well, after 3 full days, I finally was able to link up to my apex through a wired connection. Next step was getting it to run with my wireless adapter. The online guide I read said it would take a measly 5 minutes to do! Great!

Set up the gaming adapter and plug it into the apex. So I set up the gaming adapter, installed its updated firmware, plugged it into the apex and what do ya know?! ApexFusion: no comm

Here's what I have: Apex Classic and a netgear wnce3001. The nether displays a solid green light, indicating it is connecting and working properly. The apex displays a green light next to the ethernet cable. Accessing my router through it's IP, I can see the gaming adapter being connected to my internet.

The apex says ApexFusion: no comm. It worked fine being directly wired the other day. I have tried restarting the apex through the display screen, unplugging it for a few minutes and then plugging it back in, doing the same with the gaming adapter, resetting the gaming adapter, messing with some of the settings on the adapter's webpage, and messing with the DHCP and ip address and gateways on the apex itself.

My router IP is 192.168.0.1
The gaming adapter IP is 192.168.0.12
With the default apex settings, the IP is 192.168.1.50
Turning DHCP off, I tried changing the apex IP to 192.168.0.50

I also tried changing the apex gateway to my router's IP AND tchanged it to the adapter's IP and those didn't seem to do anything either.

Note that under the "statistics" tab of my adapter, it shows the LAN status as "Link Down". I can't seem to get the apex and adapter to communicate or something.

Nothing is working. I'm getting ridiculously frustrated with this thing. And I'm getting tired of reading forum posts that say "do this and this and then it should work" and it never works after doing this and this. :hmm4::hmm4::hmm4:

If it's working while wired, why not keep it that way?

The apex(now classic) head unit was always a bit flakey with wireless dongles. Reason I purchased a 100foot Ethernet cable.

I agree. Keep it wired. I had so many issues with disconnects on apex lites and classics.even my apex 2016 is wired.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If it's working while wired, why not keep it that way?

The apex(now classic) head unit was always a bit flakey with wireless dongles. Reason I purchased a 100foot Ethernet cable.

Our current router only has 2 ethernet ports. We were planning on using both of them for streaming devices but, if that's the route I have to take with the apex I'll sacrifice (or upgrade the router haha). I have a 150ft and 2 50 ft ethernet cables so I am prepared if that's what I have to do haha

How's that even possible with router on 192.168.0.1 and apex on 192.168.1.50? They are on separate subnet unless your network is 512 IPS then your network mask should not be 255.255.255.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How's that even possible with router on 192.168.0.1 and apex on 192.168.1.50? They are on separate subnet unless your network is 512 IPS then your network mask should not be 255.255.255.0

it seems the apex, when not connected by cable or wifi, defaults to 192.168.1.50

When hooked up by cable, it had an IP of 192.168.0.13

Ok so when you have the gaming adapter connected to apex you can ping the IP 192.168.0.13?

Ok so when you have the gaming adapter connected to apex you can ping the IP 192.168.0.13?

When the apex is cabled directly to the router and was working the other day, it had the IP address of 192.168.0.13

When the apex is hooked up to the gaming adapter, no matter what IP i try for the apex, it doesn't work. I usually get a "cannot find server" page.

Sounds like the gaming adapter is not setup right. It should pass DHCP IP to the apex behind it. Read the manual of the gaming adapter. If your apex is not getting an ip it's telling me the DHCP request is not exiting the gaming adapter.

I purchased the power line Ethernet adapters and has worked completely flawlessly on my Classic Gold system since I added it two months ago. Best thing I could have done.

The WiFi wouldn't stay connected more than 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I purchased the power line Ethernet adapters and has worked completely flawlessly on my Classic Gold system since I added it two months ago. Best thing I could have done.

The WiFi wouldn't stay connected more than 24 hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same thing there work a lot better for me.

Back