snowflake eel compatability

RJFich

do you think a six line wrasse will be ok in a tank with a snowflake eel the wrasse is only about 2 inches

I have about a 14" snowflake in the tank with a purple psuedo, a rusty angel and a yellow tail damsel and he doesn't mess with them at all. I feed him twice a day so that may be helping.

I have a snowflake eel, 2 4 striped damsels, a lawnmower blenny and 6 hermits. He doesn't bother a thing. I also feed my fish twice a day. Although I now think he's eating my bristle worms. Had some red stuff on his mouth/teeth yesterday. Like my kid with chocolate on her face saying she didn't eat the kisses!

I like the eel. I think he's cool. I may think differently if he should happen to eat one of my other finned "kids". :)

snowflake eel

snowflake eel

If it was in my tank the 6 line would last 20 seconds or so. My snowflake would gobble it right up. He will kill any little creature swimming but he comes to the surface to eat from my hand and will swim through my hand as well. He is about 24 inches or so right now and very healthy.

Billy,

How long have you had him? Mine is still a juvenile. Should be concerned? Will he start munching on my other critters? He has not exibited any signs of aggression except at feeding time and that was just right after I got the damsels. Now he is fine with everyone.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11661395#post11661395 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by crazedpuffer
Nope it will become lunch.

nope i disagree with you.

my snowflake doesn't bother anything including my six line.

I don't think you will get a consistent answer to this question because there is a lot of variablity in snowflake temperment, in my experience. I had a large snowflake moray (~24") for several years that was very aggressive, and a repeat fish eater. I traded him in prior to a move and warned the LFS. They placed him in a tank with other smaller snowflakes and he killed them all that first night.

I don't think this is typical snowflake behavior, as I have had others that were very docile. However, I don't think they are nearly as reliable as a zebra moray for being docile.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11676995#post11676995 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sixball
I don't think you will get a consistent answer to this question because there is a lot of variablity in snowflake temperment, in my experience.
That's what it sounds like.

With my SFE, I kept green chromis and a coral beauty. The SFE was interested in the fish if they ever swam close enough to his hole. He would come out and smell the fish, getting very close to it, but nothing more. Sometimes the coral beauty with its tail would push the SFE back into his hole - kinda funny considering the SFE could have easily won the fight with one bite.

my SFE is really small, maybe 12-14" and no thicker than a pen

if I am adding fish now while he's small, will he more than likely leave them alone when he's larger?

Latazyo,

Hi neighbor! As for your SFE that is what I did. Mine is about the same size as yours. He doesn't bother a thing. He's really fun to watch and he is not a bit territorial. I feed twice a day so he gets plenty to eat.

Back