snowflake

Dont worry. I got my SFE 3/28 and just now ate 4/1. In fact i thought he died. 4/1 is the first time ive seen him since 3/30. He ate krill today with the lights on. About 3 nice pieces. Dont worry like i did. He'll come around.Just keep trying to locate him in the tank and try to offer him food when possible. good luck PP

Congrats Kengaroo! :)

I agree with prison police, my SFE didn't eat anything for a week. Then he ate big time. Then he didn't eat for a week again. Now he would eat everyday if we fed him.

yea you guys are deffinatly right! i bumped him in the face with a piece of prawn and he just attacked it it was a sight to see. and now in the new setup his head is almost always out so i think he is just about warmed up to the environment.
100_6684.jpg

well its a work in progress. i still need a return pump for my sump so i can fill it up all the way or the overflow will pull some water
out its also only 30 gallons filled because i dont have a top for it and with the eel a topless tank is an accident waiting to happen from what i understand. for now i have some screen coving it just in case. but other then that thats everything and here are a few pic of the SFE.
100_6685.jpg

100_6686.jpg

temporary rock work
100_6687.jpg

I don't know what other fish you are going to keep but eels do get picked on. My snowflake gets beaten on by everybody in the tank sometimes all at once. Most fish know they are predators so they are not well liked. Any real aggressive fish with snowflakes should be avoided like triggers and puffers who will do real damage to them. Heck my yellow angel bites his body while he is out trying to feed. Doesn't seem right but such is nature.

i only have a fuzzy dwarf lionfish with him. thats the only things that are going to be in this tank. if nothing bothers the lion, the lion dosent bother anything.

Back