So It Begins: Reefteck's 120 Reef Build Thread

There are two corals in the second to last pic. The one on the left is my Tricolor Valida which is just finally starting to color back up after 4 mths of looking shitty.

The one on the left in that picture is an ORA Ice Tort, it's super nice! It has mysterious colors from an upper angle it looks yellow near the center of the matrix fading to yellow/green at the tips, and from straight on/beneath it looks icy blue. It's a super nice piece. I've heard it's a slow grower though. It's pretty high up with alot of light so we'll see.

I have the same one! I got it a few months back form your shop but they didn't know the name but I figgured it was the ice tort. Now I know for sure thanks! Mine is a realy slow grower as well but seems to be picking up the pace with the new lights and mp40s.
-Bill

Hey people,

I wanted to show you all the devastation that occurred about a month and a half ago, I've talked about these dinoflagellates but I realized I never posted any pictures. The corals were definitely stunted for a few weeks until they got their color back. Now they're really thriving and growing but this was the situation I was faced with:

4581765638_9992198f95_o.jpg

4581755536_33aee92b77_o.jpg

Bill I know you were wondering exactly what that stuff looked like. I can't believe that that birds nest was the only coral I lost through the whole event.

I'll be shooting new macros soon!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Td9nhaKr4Y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Td9nhaKr4Y8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Looks good man! Are you still useing short pulse mode on your mp40s? I thin you get much stronger and more random flow from useing lagoon mode. Hay I put up some update pics on my thread checkem out. Are you going to the swap? Did that nem split yet?

Back