So who is going to the CMAS SWap April 28, 2018???

Kmiec123

Actual CMAS Member
This years Swap is looking to be the best ever!!!

The swap will start at 9:30am and close by 4pm.

Members are FREE and Non-Members are $5 in advance (48 hrs or more) online or $10 at the door.

Kids 12 and under are FREE

Online ticket Sales at:GET YOUR TICKETS HERE

Vendor list:

Aquarium Overload
AZNnutty Saltwater Connections (Frost)
Blue Line Coral
Booyah's Clownfish
Cherry Corals
Christopher Applegate
Coral Addict Corals
Coral Savers
Dirk's Dry Goods
E-Vill Reef Corals
Eye Candy Coral
Frag Creation
Jason Fox Signature Corals
Jerimiah Lambert
Just Pretty Coral
Kush Corals (Bobby Moon)
McReefer Coral
Mermaids Cove
Midwest Aquaculture
Phantom Reefing
Premium Polyps
Raising Reefs
Reef Deep Aquatics
Reef Geeks
Reef Habit
Tank It Easy (Insane Corals)
The Zoanthid Garden
Todd Ferguson
Todd Hiney
Underwater Gardeners
Zoanthids.com

Dirk, how have you been? Are you only doing dry goods these days? Or that's just what you bring to these kind of things. I'm not likely to be there, it seems. Glad you will be though.

This will be my first time going. Yes, I have seen a popular youtube video from recent times.

However, I am still newish to the hobby and want to stock up my 120 gallon, primarily, but not exclusively with zoas and euphyllias.

Any tips on which vendors I should be checking out, and when the good deals are to be had?

It's going to be a great show this year!!! Ostrow, good to see ya here, saw our latest tank post...looks awesome! Dirk will always be there!!! He is an awesome asset to the show! Reelss, be should to write down any questions you have, the combined experience of the people at this show in infinite and back!

This will be my first time going. Yes, I have seen a popular youtube video from recent times.

However, I am still newish to the hobby and want to stock up my 120 gallon, primarily, but not exclusively with zoas and euphyllias.

Any tips on which vendors I should be checking out, and when the good deals are to be had?

I haven't been in a few years but looking at the list, you have a lot of talent to choose from. I won't list the hot picks as again, some great vendors are attending and I suggest visiting them all.

But good deals are to be had towards the end of the swap when it's time to take down the show setups, unfortunately it may not always be stock that you particularly want as vendors will typically offload stock they don't want carry home but rarely will they unload high demand/unique corals for cheap.

My suggestion is this, since it's your first swap, go as early as possible, best is right when doors are open to public (a while back, I recall CMAS members could enter a bit earlier). At this time, visit as many vendors as you can and ask about prices for anything you want. That is how you'll get a baseline, obviously bigger/better color corals will fetch a premium. If you have a really bad itch for a coral, I'd suggest buying it as the beginning is when you have the hottest stock and a lot of people go through it and could sweep it up. But have them hold it, many vendors will do that as long as you pay for it upfront. Then you can come back towards the end and see if anything else you had an eye on is still available and maybe for a better deal. I also suggest bringing a styrofoam box or travel cooler to keep corals in for the ride home.

raffle items will be raffled off throughout the day with the bigger items near the end of the show.

my guess is credit card transaction fee's. Can't expect every organization to eat this fee. Believe I saw if you go to there facebook group there was a way to call them and work around this. On the flip side, you can always just pay the extra amount which goes to CMAS, or pay for the yearly fee to join CMAS which gets you in for free.

Back