So You Want To Read Some Books!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks, great list. YOU should include checkoff boxes to make it a easy wish list :)
Has anyone read or reviewed Mike Palletta's Book? Keep up the good work,

------------------
I reefed,so I spent,it would have been cheaper to do it right the first time.........Doug@thereeftank

Mike Paletta's book is surprisingly good, especially considering it's low cost. It's a small book, but it should still be considered 'the' reference book on FOWLR tanks.

hi there
i read a idiots guide to both salt and freshwater. i really liked the freshwater one .but was sort of dissapointed with the salt water .one it just seemed like it covered the absolute basics and way to many jokes. not to mention if you look in the back they actully suggest a emporer angel for a setup 75.not to mention a manduran dragonette was also suggested in there some where as a beginners start up . he also said that a 29 though not recommended a 29 gal would ok to start out. i am not sure about everyone but i had all sorts of trouble with a 55 i could only imagine what a 29 would be like.there were someother things but those are the things that really stand out at the moment.
just my 2 cents

Ashley

if i'm right, i haven't seen anyone mention the Burgess Atlas yet. so, here goes...

Dr. Burgess's Mini-Atlas of the Marine Aquarium Fishes
by Dr. Warren E. Burgess, Dr. HJerbert R. Axelrod and Ray Hunziker

An oldy but a goody. The text is somewhat outdated, but it still remains a good identification guide.

henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back