Solaris I4

Reef Rover

My LFS has a NIB PFO Aquatics Solaris I4 Series 48 inch light that they still have from when the company went by, by. They are selling it for $1,000.00. I know the warranty is no good and I am on my own as far as maintenance etc. Is it still worth it? The only thing close I can find is RapidLED who is planning on coming out with a new model of Onyx in the next couple of months that will be dimmable. I would still need a controller of some way shape or form to get the same functionality out of those lights like sunrise/sunset and or any possibility of cloud cover. So here is the question:

Solaris - $1000.00
or
Onyx - $300.00 - $350.00 each X 2 or possibly 3 plus a controller

Tank is a Ocean View 100 = L 60" x W 19" x H 20" roughly that will be LPS and Zoanthid dominant.

Thank you everyone. That is what I needed. I figured that was the answer but I wasn't sure with it being LED plus a controller. I'll either wait for the RapidLED or eyeball a good T5 set or do more research on the reefbreeder sets. The $1000.00 was a little out of my $600.00 allotment for lights but I would have jumped it if it was worth it.

Thank you again.

Back