Something is going on with my Zoas

Webmanny

Hey guys,

For some reason, my Zoas are not doing too hot for the past few days. The palys on the same rock are fine, all the LPS and SPS corals are doing great, but the Zoas for some reason are not opening up.

These are my parameters right now.
upload_-1

These are a few pictures I just took. The rock is on the bottom of the tank. Just FYI.
upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

Well. Right after I posted this, I decided to take the whole rock out and do a dip. While closely inspecting the Zoas, I found these two little guys climbing around the polyps.

They look like worms with wings or little legs. They have two antennas also. I was able to get them to let go and drop from the Zoas. After a while on the dip, they both died.

I tried to take some pictures once I got them or, but they are really small. I'll try to break out the DSLR to see if that helps and post those later. These are the ones I took with my phone.

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

upload_-1

And I just looked at your link and sure enough. The very second one is what I have. Nudibranch. The battle begins.

Had one of those, like everyone else said the battles begin. Look for egg swirls on all your zoas and palys, blow water on them with a baster to close them and inspect them carefully. I was lucky enough to catch the one I had and found it's eggs, removed them with a tooth pick but afterwards still kept my zoas in a Tupperware for a week under my lights and changed the water with tank water everyday. No more nudibranches but like I said I was lucky.

Back