Somethings eating my corals

shoddyk

I can home from work today and found my toadstool mushroom and a yellow leather coral with a chunk taken out of them. Do emerald crabs eat corals? I also have a Harliquin crab that hides in the rocks all day eating his Chocolate star fish, could he have done it? I know none of my fish are big enough to take that big of a chunk out of them. Any input for me?

Some emeralds do go after corals. I would take him out. I think you're mistaking your Harlequin Crab for a Harlequin Shrimp. Harlequin Crabs (Lissocarcinus orbicularis) are not available in the hobby and they do not eat starfish, but Harlequin Shrimps do eat starfish. :D

My Emerald crabs are starting to cut limbs from my Kenya tree for meals...so I don't have much faith in them. They'll be banished to the sump when I can catch them.

I am trying to catch mine also. What is the best way to catch him? I just feed him a bunch of krill so it is'nt hungry for my corals. He is going to go straight into the refugium when I get my hands on him though.

Back