Soupy's Reef: ~3yrs old! take a look dawg!

SoupySteve

Reefer Dadness
someday, i plan to get a 6ft tank, so i'll only need to buy another pendant instead of a whole new light system. i also like how i can move the lights completely out of the way.
url]

this is my first attempt at keeping mangroves, but i will be super happy when/if i see substancial growth from them.
40073mangroves.JPG

everyone seems happy
40073HQI_heaven.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/40073happiness_with_halides.JPG[/img]

can you buy actinic pendants? i kinda miss the blueish color from the actinics...

anyone have suggestions for moonlights?

ictually i have a great suggestion for moonlights... don't know if i mentioned this yesterday when i was there, but i am using 2 blue cold cathodes that i picked up from computer renaissance for 15 bucks. i cut the wires after the little 'box' thing and put positive and negative to a transformer i picked up from radio shack. the transformer is adjustable from 1.5w to 12w. at around 6-9 watts, its the PERFECT moonlighting. no hotspots like leds and very even coverage.

btw, tank looks amazing when i was there yesterday.

i'm picking up some rock today from springfield instead of driving way out to AR. about the same price if i save the gas money :)

heres a really quick pic of my moonlighting on the FW corner tank. i need to learn how to get a better shot in complete darkness with this RebelXT. didn't have my tripod and didn't want to use flash... oh well i'll figure it out soon enough..

this is at 3/4 brightness with a 1.5 second exposure if that gives you an idea that this is overbrightened (too bright for me, turned it up to be able to get captured easily). i usually keep it at half way for a dim dim blue.

118177IMG_0948.JPG

wow - that looks great! i've used the single LED moonlights before and liked them... yours looks much more like moonlighting though... how easy do you think they would be to conceal?
thanks for the good idea!

they are really easy to conceal. i rigged mine into a spare flourescent 24" fixture that came with my 55g tank kit. i think i might have an extra 20" one if you want it. let me know i can drop it off one day at your place if you'd like. let me know man!

Back