South Fla Heat

Thanks Rogger. What kind of chiller is that and what size? Also how long have you had it outside. That seems to solve one of my problems. I don't think it's hurricane friendly but we deal with that later. Thanks alot..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12266178#post12266178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tony varrell
Thanks Rogger. What kind of chiller is that and what size? Also how long have you had it outside. That seems to solve one of my problems. I don't think it's hurricane friendly but we deal with that later. Thanks alot..
That is a Pacific coast 1/2 hp, it has been outside for about 4 years now, you are right it is not hurricane safe but I plan to take it out when a hurricane arrives, I use to have it inside a rubbermaid shed but for this tank I decided to keep it simple, it is easy to access.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12266227#post12266227 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ej797
Install it with unions so it can be removed in case of a Hurricane.
That is exactly what I am going to do, inverted unions in both inlet and outlet so that I can disconnect the unit, remove it and connect the unions thus leaving just two pvc hoses looping in the outside wall. the DIY roof is detachable as well and the big water tank will stay outside but full of water, I doubt that this can be tilted.

Back