Split 2 pounds of purple 2-part expoxy?

ac green

I am about to order 1 pound each of the blue and red 2 part from Aves Studio. I have been using this stuff for sometime now and tend to like it as it resembles the color of my LR when I mix the red and blue.

With that said, would anyone be interested in a pound after I mix the two? After shipping I expect it to be about $15 bucks.

http://www.avesstudio.com/Products/Apoxie_Sculpt/apoxie_sculpt.html

Details above.

Pm me if interested.

It solidifies after you mix it...not as fast as epoxy though.

I have had some for a few months and it's still the same as when I bought it.

The pink hue goes away to almost white and that's the only thing I don't like about it.

The best luck I have had with keeping its color is to mix and let sit for 30-45 minutes before adding to the tank. I noticed when you mix and add directly to the tank, the color tends to fade.

I'll go in with you if I can get it unmixed. I'll have to aquascape the new tank in about a week or two.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9255246#post9255246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ac green
The best luck I have had with keeping its color is to mix and let sit for 30-45 minutes before adding to the tank. I noticed when you mix and add directly to the tank, the color tends to fade.

Aha. So it wasn't my imagination, I have a piece that looks much pinker. I Left it out much longer.

Thanks
-Adrian

P.S. This stuff smells way better than epoxy. It doesn't leave your hands stinking. Also, it's softer.

Back