nh3 0
no2 0
no3 0
po4 0
mg 1400
alk 10.2
ca 500
sg 1.025

i just started getting into sps with my first few montis. when i first put them in my sg was 1.020 (totally slipped my mind to test). now it's back upto 1.025 over 2 weeks. my mg was alos down to just above 1000. that is now up to 1400. all of my monti's started to brown out. since then i have seen some light pink on the edges of my red monti. does that indicate new growth? also, my ca never seems to drop, infact it increases over time. i use natural sea water with a ca of 420 for water changes and only top off with ro.

as far as the other montis, i have not seen any new growth (not really too sure what to look for) but i haven't seen any more tissue loss. i guess i'm just going to have to play a waiting game.

also, i will start dosing kalk, which is already made, but since my calcium is that high, i shouldn't. am i right? or should i dose anyway?

any suggestions would be great.
thanks in advance

Serioussnaps

Your alk is high too....at least the CA and ALK are somewhat closed to balanced. Do you run a CA reactor? I can;t figure out why your CA is so high if you do WC's with 420 CA and no supplementation?

isistius

no ca reactor. and 10.2 dkh is too high?? i thought anywhere between 8 and 12 is acceptable for reefs

isistius

i don't have any acros now. montis only. i am not supplementing anything for calcium. it never goes down. in fact, it goes up. i can't figure it out. i don't supplement anything for alklinity either.

JB NY

It's not any one factor. Your tank is not stable. Keep all the parameters the same for 4-6 months and watch how much better your corals do.

isistius

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9877630#post9877630 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by JB NY
It's not any one factor. Your tank is not stable. Keep all the parameters the same for 4-6 months and watch how much better your corals do.

can you offer any advice on maintaining stability?