Sps rtn

jminick2

I struggle with always losing sps frags upon first putting them into my tank. I keep my dkh around 8, calcium 440, MG 1380, I have a kessil 360x lights. Some frags do find some RTN over night after the first night of having them. Any advice should I acclimate frags if the place I got them had higher dKH? Just tired of spending money expecting frags to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's ur acclimation technique? Some Dips can be very harsh.

I don't dip and I've never acclimated other than temperature.

What other fish and coral do you have in the tank? How long have you them and the tank?

What are your phosphate and nitrate levels?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Gem tang clown and coral beauty nitrates and phosphates are undetectable

Gem tang clown and coral beauty nitrates and phosphates are undetectable

There might be your answer. If you don't have a lot of thriving corals in the system and you still can't kee your no3 and po4 up, you're starving your corals , especially if they get a lot of light.

You currently dose your tank? Specially if your level are solid how often do you check your levels.

Any major swings during water changes?
When adding corals what's your lighting settings?
Ever tried lps? If so how did that go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's one of my concerns too since i recently added some coral. I've experienced RTN in the past. I since purchased a G5 radion and not knowing my par levels i have to be careful. Is my light to bright and if so do I need to lower my alk or the intensity. I'm i starving my corals with nitrate at 1 ppm and phosphates under 1.0 ppm? I keep looking at my coral and seeing if there's any indications of a problem.

Lighting is also a whole other topic, let's see a photo of your tank, and how far light is from water. Par levels and water stability are key here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back