SPS skeleton started bleaching, help!

windowlicker916

Here is an example below, all of my SPS are doing it. Nothing has changed in my tank besides cutting back my water flow by half while I waited for a new vortech wetside and parameters are good. I don't notice any pests and haven't added anything new in awhile.

What are common causes of this? Think I find out with this particular photo is that the "hair" is still there even though it is bleached.

Attachments

• photo (41).jpg
    photo (41).jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
Also could be growth tips. Calm down and take a minute to think. If really nothing has changed it may be just natural growth. It looks like it to me.

Also could be growth tips. Calm down and take a minute to think. If really nothing has changed it may be just natural growth. It looks like it to me.

I agree with shawn. Looks to be just growth. Do check your alk. If things were going south you would see bleaching on the bottom not the top. good luck though.

I'm all in on new growth. Coming from a guy who has had more than his fair share of alk swings. I noticed that with my swings the necrosis started at the bases not the tips.

Back