SR 80 build questions

Reefaddiction5

IMG_0709.jpg
Just purchased a used SR80 with tank and stand.
Plus:
(2) AI hydra prime hds
1 AI hydra 26HD
1 jebao po-15
1 hydrofill titanium
1 tunze doc 9012

For $650

Now I've always love the SR80 so it's kinda dream tank, however we just moved to a new house and just had our 1st child. Man cave is the finished basement. I had to break down a 165 hex acrylic tank. That's now downstairs and I have a 46 bow front with live stock and coral left over that didn't get sold. Now this tank is a pain in the butt to maintain and work on. It's tall and enclosed on top besides 2 openings on top. Not at all an ideal reef tank. Sooo...money is an issue and stocking the 165 again is $$$$ plus it needs to be rebuffed again...so do I sell this tank with the amazing custom built stand or do I not buff it out( not horrible scratches but needs a buff) and do a FOWLR plus the SR 80 for a shallow reef SPS dominated tank. Or put everything towards the SR 80 (AWC, 2 kessil, phosphate reactor, algae reactor, Neptune) and sell the equipment with the 165 (tank, stand, emerald sump, bubble mag 7)? Not sure if I have all this time to take care of so much.

Other problem is my 22inch gig...it's not killed any fish to my knowledge yet, but it does sting and leave white welts on the fish If they hit the tentacles.

Will add more pics of hex tank later and space where it's going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simplify. Pick one tank and put all your focus on it. Sell the rest to help pay for other stuff you need. With a new kid (congrats!) your 'you time' shrinks and life gets much more complicated. Keep your aqua-life simple.

Yeah that's what I need to do. Think the 165 is not going to be simple and the maintenance is annoying in it. I needed that inner voice to reassure the decision, going to suck letting it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on. It's funny, I used my incoming new baby as an excuse to buy my first marine aquarium, about 25 years ago.

Enjoy!

Back