Stand/cabinet for 36" Shallow Cube

Urabggr

I'm getting my hands on my current dream tank, a 112-gallon 36" shallow cube. In addition to lighting, it seems like cubes are a little tough to figure out stand/cabinet setups. If I'm to get a custom-built stand, it can only be about 30" tall, as that's as big as I can get through the door. Is this high enough for a shallow cube (20" tall) to be viewed comfortably? I really don't want to have to stoop down every time I check the tank out, but I'm having a hard time conceptualizing how the significant depth of the tank will affect my viewing angle.

The other option is to build my own stand on-site, in the room. I think I've seen something about getting two steel aquarium stands and then skinning them together with some plywood. Is this a practical idea or a huge mistake? I'm fairly handy, but have limited power tools and don't have any cabinet-building experience. I'd prefer to keep this project fairly simple and straight forward, if anyone has any experience with this kind of tank or any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

Edit: Also, if I were to go with a custom stand, how much should I expect to pay for something simple and nice?

Back