Stars most feared by clams

probably all except linkias, but IÃ"šÃ‚´m not really sure.
Maybe green brittle stars are ok since I have a friend who has both with success.
Choco chips are a no go in this situation
Marco

Well, I canÃ"šÃ‚´t say for sure, but if I were you I wouldnÃ"šÃ‚´t take the risk, for me it is not an option to loose a clam for a star.
Why donÃ"šÃ‚´t you try linkias?? they are much prettier than any other and are reefsafe
Marco

I've got two serpent stars in a tank with three clams and they aren't bothering them at all. The only serpent/brittle stars that I would trust are green brittle starts. And I don't trust them with anything .

Cheers...Michael

right. sorry. I meant to say that I WOULDN"T trust green brittle stars with clams. Or anything else for that matter....

Sorry about the typo.

Cheers...Michael

I put a new orange linkia in my tank last night and in a few minutes I looked and he was sitting on my teardrop clam....I FREAKED OUT I jumped over in the tank practically and yanked him out. He is now on the OTHER side of the tank on the glass...man did that make me nervous.

Blue linkias are no threat to corals or clams.
Red, orange or purple "linkias" (I remember reading somewhere that they are not true linkias) are a threat to corals or may be a threat to corals or clams.
Marco

I really donÃ"šÃ‚´t know the scientific name of the other "linkias" but they are not reef safe, in some cases you could be lucky but they are indeed a risk.
Marco

I have 5 clams a blue linka orange linka and a small orange star fish the longest I have had any of them is 6 weeks down to 2 weeks for the orange linka. No problem yet.

i have two linkias in my tank and they crawl all over my clams all the time with no problem, this is the first time i have heard fo linkias being a threat to clams.

I had a green brittle star for a couple of years with clams. I had no problems with him and my clams. And he was huge! I just got sick of him crawling over corals (and clams) when I fed the tank so I gave him to a buddy. Other than that, he posed no threat.

www.geocities.com/handlmoore

Back