Starting my first 90 gallon - Intro

Hello everyone,

My name is James and I live in Chicago, IL within the Hermosa area. I started my journey in the saltwater hobby around December of 2016 well I was living in Lexington, KY. I started off with a 32 Gallon Biocube as I thought this would be great size tank for a noobie in the hobby. Now that its been a year I thought I would upgrade my tank to a 90 gallon tank with a sump. I was also able to pick up a brand new Innovative Marine 20 gallon drop off tank on Ebay for around 80 bucks before I bought my 90 gallon and I thought I would also set that tank up. I have yet to setup my 90 tank as I am not sure how to plumb the system and I would need help or advise from fellow reefers. I am used to all in one tanks as my Biocube was a AIO system. Any reefers on here that are plumbing pros and provide plumbing services please let me know and send me a PM as I rather use less electric pumps to power my system. I have already setup the 20 gallon drop off tank and have cycled the system but dealing with lots of hair algae and thinking of getting a sea hare to help the fight against it. Below you will find my current equipment list for each tank. Is there any local fish meeting here in Chicago were fellow reefers actually meet as I would be interested in meeting and talking fish. Any recommendations as I am all ears?

<b><u>Equipment</b></u>
<b>Aquarium:</b>SunSun 90 Gallon aquarium with sump
<b>Lighting:</b>Orbit Marine 48"- 60" IC LOOP PRO Dual LED System
<b>Skimmer:</b>Macro Aqua
<b>Water pump:</b>2 eFlux Wave Pumps 1050 gph
<b>Heater:</b>Havent Purchased
<b>Return Pump:</b>Qty. 1, eFlux DC Flow Pump 1900 gph
<b>Reactor:</b>2 BRS Deluxe Reactor with 2 MJ1200 pumps
<b>Algae Scrubber:</b>Santa Monica RAIN2
<b>ATO:</b>Innovative Marine Hydrofill Ti

<b><u>Equipment</b></u>
<b>Aquarium:</b>Innovative Marine 20 Gallon Drop Off aquarium
<b>Lighting:</b>Aqua Illumination Prime HD LED
<b>Skimmer:</b>Innovative Marine Ghost Skimmer Desktop
<b>Water pump:</b>Hydor Koralia Nano Pump (Will replace with my MP10QD)
<b>Heater:</b>Cobalt Heater
<b>Return Pump:</b>Qty. 1, eFlux DC Flow Pump 1900 gph
<b>Reactor:</b>Innovative Marine MiniMax Reactor Desktop
<b>Basket:</b>2 Innovative Marine CustomCaddy baskets
<b>Basket:</b>2 Innovative Marine Spin Stream's
<b>ATO:</b>AutoAqua Smart ATO

Attachments

• IMG_6210.jpg
    IMG_6210.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6201.jpg
    IMG_6201.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6203.jpg
    IMG_6203.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6200.jpg
    IMG_6200.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6206.jpg
    IMG_6206.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2
Welcome, the 90 looks like a great tank!

Did it come with any instructions? Hard to tell what you need to do based on the pictures.

Your overflow in the 90 looks like its in the right hand corner, but I can't tell how the tank is drilled.

What plumbing parts came with the tank and where did you get it from? Such as bulk heads, pvc pipes, elbow's ect.

Every tank I see seems to be somewhat custom though all have similar parts to them. My 90 is different than your's but feel free to scroll through the photo album as I took a lot of pic's of the build including various plumbing parts.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/28823275@N06/albums/72157687847250454

Good luck!

Back