Stealth Pro Heater Recall Risk????

saboken

I was using 2 Stealth Pro Heaters until I found out about the recall I was sent 2 Visitherms they are nothing but junk!!!! the stealth's were in my old Fresh Cichlid tank for over 3 years no issues! if they lasted that long without exploding what's the chance of them failing? the visitherms thermostats are way off one wont turn on unless the water is below 60f and it's turned all the way up the other one drifts + - 10f I can't trust them!!! anyone know if going back to the Stealth's would be to risky since they worked for so long? was it every one or only certain ones that were faulty? anyone know? or can someone suggest a pair that I can rely on that are not made of glass.

All the reviews I have read on the Visitherms are bad at least 95% say they have the same issue with the thermostats I held onto the stealth's just incase since they never gave me a problem. I am waiting for the co to open so I can call about it I wish they came out with a fixed version of the stealth I just need to be ready for winter its only a few months until it starts to get cold here in Western PA

Both of my stealths failed on me. One melted/burned and polluted my sump and tank. The other replacement caused electrical shocks. Both are replaced with Jagers now. Never any problems since.

Back