What the bloody hell is going on ?

furface

I’m in a bit of a pickle. This afternoon the temperature crept up to roughly 30 degrees outside. Bloody hot. Deltec Temp thermostats both were sat at 28 degrees, they are set to 26.3 but were Sat there alarming away. Now I thought it was because it was too hot ? But the wife said one of the heaters might be stuck on ? Nah said I and proceeded to put fans on the Sump And waft things about a bit - an hour later I was willing to give it a wee rub and lo and behold the heater was on and the water was rather warm ? ? ?. Unplugged the heaters - still the temp sat at 28 nothing I could do could bring it down BUT the Water was getting colder ? ? ? ? Still the stats say at 28. Take the probes out the water and the temp goes down. Put it back in water temp roses up on stat to 28 again ? Even though it’s obvious the water isn’t that warm anymore. What tne bloody hell is going on ? So I rip out the stats and heaters and go test one at the sink ! ! Bloody thing works fine. ?
Earlier in the day my New UV light had been turned off accidentally and when the pump started up it started up full bore before I realised an hour later and turned the flow rate down and set it. Could theeew possibly be a stray voltage causing this ? Or something else ? in at a complete loss. Anyone had this happen before ?

Do you have another way to verify your tank temperature? A digital meat thermometer works very well for quick reads.

Unfortunately no, but it was getting up there at one point. It just doesn’t explain the heaters coming on above the set temp ?

Plugged the D&D thermostat double plug thang in today with the probe in the tank weir 25.7 stable. Waited half hour then banged it back in the sump. Strangest bloody thing I’ve ever been a part of - except that one time when we all went up to the woods late at night dressed as spacemen / spacewoman with a bag of Cheese sandwich’s and a Bobby Darrin CD. . . . . Lol that was a bloody good night ! !

Last edited:
Back