Still too small?

MMacro

So my clownfish have grown quite a bit within the last few weeks so I decided to add them to my 75 gallon system. Are they still too small? Or should I just cover the overflow/powerheads?
imagejpg2_zps9640dd0c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

My clown is about the same size as yours and has been perfectly fine in my 65g without the overflow or powerheads covered. I think they should be fine.

They should be fine in there:)

Thanks, I was watching them this morning and they seem to be struggling against the current a little but that is not what I am worried about. I am jus worried that they wont get to eat. I dropped some flake food in the tank but they couldn't get to any of it. I think I might put them back in QT for now.

you could always turn the powerhead off for feeding time, even if only one and feed on the opposite side of the tank. I have a feed set on my outtake pump that turns off for a set amount of time. Clowns in my tank don't really chase after the food either, so turning off the head to make sure they eat is a must for me.

Crank back the flow at feeding time and feed in the same place each time. They will find it and start meeting you at the spot every time you turn off the powerhead.

Thanks, I was watching them this morning and they seem to be struggling against the current a little but that is not what I am worried about. I am jus worried that they wont get to eat. I dropped some flake food in the tank but they couldn't get to any of it. I think I might put them back in QT for now.

One thing that works well when feeding slower fish like clowns is to turn off all your circulation pumps so they can get some food. And if the other fish are two fast and the clowns miss out then place food at both ends of the tank. The clowns should be getting their fill of food if you do that:)

Back