Stock Help

bean2986

Hello everyone,
Posted this originally in "New to the Hobby" but didn't really get much feedback. I have done a ton of research for stocking my 65g (36x24x18) and have put together a list... 90lbs live rock with 10-15 caves via a large wall. 50x circulation with HOB Skimmer and cannister (as a reactor). Just want to check for any compatibility issues I'm not aware of. I want a peaceful tank, that is 100% reef safe with fish that I can keep permanently in this tank, despite 99.9% chance I will upgrade in the next 3 years. I'm aware of the hostile snails vs crabs issue, but I'll just not buy snails if I can get an effective grazer (which seems unlikely).

What's in tank (In add order)
1x Emerald Crab (Mithraculus sculptus) (Going back to LFS- Bad advice- and almost full grown... could easily murder the Goby or Blenny and I have no nuisance algae)
5x Scarlet Reef Hermit Crab (Paguristes cadenati)
4x Dwarf Blue Leg Hermit (Clibanarius tricolor)
3x Super Tongan Nassarius Snail (Nassarius distortus)
1x Blue/Green Reef Chromis (Chromis viridis)
1x Firefish (Nemateleotris magnifica)
1x Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis)
1x Ocellaris Clownfish (Amphiprion ocellaris)
1x Yellow Banded Possum Wrasse (Wetmorella nigropinnata) (My favorite)
5x Nerite Snail (Zebra)
2x Cerith Snail
2x Mystery Snail that was supposed to be "Black Banded Trochus, but I think they are Margaritas and are constantly on their back)

What I originally wanted to add to finish stock before more research:
1x Kole Tang

What I'd like to add now (In add order?):
1x Clown Goby, Yellow (Gobiodon okinawae)
1x Pink-Streaked Wrasse (Pseudocheilinops ataenia) (if I can find one)
1x Royal Gramma Basslet (Gramma loreto)
1x Grazer? Leaning towards Tailspot Blenny... but some say not reef safe. Need some suggestions. Could always add more snails.

Would the complete list be too much? Or would I have room for more? Would rather be slightly under-stocked. If I cannot have one big fish (the Kole Tang) I'd rather emulate a natural reef with smaller fish. From what I have read from the Snorvich threads, compatibility should be okay, but just want to verify.

Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'd say you're fine with what you have and all the fish listed are pretty peaceful. You're smart staying away from tangs (Even kole or tomini) in a sub 75g tank. Starry blennies are awesome fish too with great little personalities. Mine likes to surf the seaweed clip and pose standing vertically in the corner.

Back