stocking: 55 vs 75

fishymann

Alright, I am trying to convince my self to go for a 75 gallon. I currently have 2 clown fish and a flame angel so what else could i keep if i went 75 vs 55?

If you have space limitations go with the 55. Otherwise you'll like the added depth of the 75. If you can spend slightly more money go for the 120 which is even deeper.

I have a 55 and loved it. With my new house and where I have it located it looks tiny now. Past homes it was a perfect fit.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I know the footprint its self will be good enough reason. Just trying to also get an idea of what I could happily keep stocked in the tank
thanks guys.

Well at 75 you are border line for a kole tang but you'll get differing opinions on that. A dwarf angel would fit nicely along with a pair of flasher wrasses. Other fish I wouldn't put in less then a 75 is a marine beta or some of the slightly larger wrasses. 75 isn't that much bigger so don't push it to much. It really is more about the foot print and aquascaping.

Really there's not a whole lot different in terms of stocking fish in a 55 vs 75. The 75 will have slightly more stable water chemistry. But, IMO there is no fish that would do better in a 75 that it would in a 55. They are the exact same tank with a six inch depth difference being the only difference. So, like was already stated before, make your decision based on the size of your house. Good luck.

alright thanks. How about this now. Saying i go with the 75 along with my current stock of 2 clown fish and dwarf flame angel, what else would you recommend to add? Just want the tank to look well stocked with as much color as possible really.

What species of clown do you have ? Some species stay small and relatively docile. Others get big and mean .....

alright thanks. How about this now. Saying i go with the 75 along with my current stock of 2 clown fish and dwarf flame angel, what else would you recommend to add? Just want the tank to look well stocked with as much color as possible really.

A pair of flasher wrasses would look good and they are active.

Ocellaris gives you a lot of choices,they're aggressive but only for their territory.

Wrasses, cardinals, blennys are possible choices. I'd lean towards the wrasses because they're active swimmers and add a lot of motion/color to a tank.

jmo,

Back