Stupid ro/di questions

Bent

I got nothin'
So I just realized for some reason the RO unit I bought, is only a 3 stage and has no DI canister. So I need to get one.

Can I just ditch one of the media in one of the existing canisters like the floss media and replace it with a DI cartridge? Or do I need to get a expansion canister? Does anyone know where I can find an single expansion canister that isn't 70 bucks like the coralife unit? I've seen some cheaper ones, but I'm weary to try them without knowing what has a good rep and what doesn't.

Secondly, I got confused hooking up the membrane canister and forgot what went where. The output is obviously blue, but the input and waste water output are right next to each other and I can't figure out what goes where. Any ideas? The unit is the 50gpd coralife with the pump.

yes, you can remove one filter and just add in the DI, but you will have to re route the water lines.

for the membrane the hole comming off the center of the ousing is the product line and the off center hole is the waste line.

Sweet 40 bucks and done.

Thanks guys.

Btw does this go before or after the membrane? Or does it matter?

after the membrane, if it went before it would be used up in less than an hour of use depending on your product water. lol.

for the membrane the hole comming off the center of the ousing is the product line and the off center hole is the waste line.

Well...I'm still not 100% positive on which outlet is the waste line..

You said center was to the membrane, but i don't really have one mounted center.

6473F8CA-B042-45F6-B09D-E90D0D56957B.jpg

1C231BC7-D83F-4848-8418-14580B7B5BE5.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at the inside of the membrane housing, the fitting closest to the center of the housing goes into the center tube on the membrane itself. The one closest to the outside is outside the membrane. Does this help any?

I have one already. I think you misunderstood my question.

I disconnected the membrane housing and I forgot where the waste line connects.

Back