sump and tank diagram help.

ratimpulse

My diagram is shown below shows my design for my 29 gallon AGA connected to a 20 gallon long tank. The stand will be made out of Oak and sealed. Return pump will be a Mag 7 connected to a SCWD. I dont want 45 degrees or so PVC fittings seen in my tank so I will be putting in a total of 3 bulkheads. The one intake will be 1" with a strainer attached at a 90 degrees agle to the side or up thats yet to be decided. And then 3/4" bulkheads on the right and left 3-4" from the side.

sumpdiagram.jpg

Way to many baffles, there just is not enough room in the 20 long. You will have to put them to close together and that will defeat the purpose.

Bean

Just assuming that you used 1" spacing between all the baffles and 1/4" material...

The baffles alone would comprise 13 linear inches of sump space. Add 8" for the skimmer area and that is 21". Add another 6" for the return compartment and that is about 28"... Leaving 2" for the refugium and the input chamber...

Aight, its not a final design, Thanks for the help. Also do you guys just get glass cut to size or should i get a huge sheet of 1/4 and cut it myself

Just use a few baffles spaced about 2" apart. You will want them after the skimmer section or just before the return pump. Be sure to leave a big enough pump compartment for evaporation.

Back