Sump Plumbing

Byk Doc

Not having ever built or maintained a sump system...I need someone to basically show me from the tank down. I am very handy and inovative but need somewhere to start information wise. Something like a simplified diagram.
HELP! I am currently using a 125 gal aquarium with a side mounted refugium and a prism skimmer at the back with a Fluval FX5 performing filtering chores. About 100 lbs of live rock and 100 more coming. 5" of coral sand and just a few soft corals and a blennie or two.

The best way would be to see a couple of tanks in action. You need to find a fellow reefer in your neighborhood.

is the bottom of your tank drilled? You are welcome to come see my plumbing if you'd like. I can give you some pointers and you'll get the idea after seeing it :) Just pm me if you want.

I can help you too if you want, you can come by and see my 120 and / or we could take a look at yours and start brainstorming and sketching.

I have a 125 undrilled using two pumps one siphoning from my 30 fuge and returning to my 125 via its return and a fluval fx5 filtering the main tank with an over the back prism ps.

Back