surface skimmer

random_ryan

anyone have a surface skimmer. I am looking to gather info on surface skimmers. was thinking of putting one on my 70 gallon. good and bad feed back would be greatly appressated. < bad spelling again....lol.. thanks ryan.

i thought a surface skimmer was an atatchment onto the powerhead that feeds your skimmer...but i might be completely wrong...just what i thought i heard one time...i know that a few people were recomending them in some other thread, but i dont know why...just remember them saying they were good.

something like this ryan?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produ...&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Np=1&pc=1&N=0&Nty=1
if thats what you are looking for they have quite a few of them at Pets Inc. in tempe at the northeast corner of southern and mill. I have one on my quarantine tank and it is run to my aquaclear 50. It can be kinda picky about the flow you put through it. Seems about 200gph is about right. Once i got it set up I haven't had to touch it and it has made a world of difference as far as keeping the nasty film off the top of the water since there is no overflow in the quarantine tank.

Well my overflow skims off the top of the tank then it feeds my skimmer through a gravity feed. Getting the proteins at the surface is a key to good skimming.

yea thats what I was talking about oct2274. I know they make some really good ones. phill this is for a tank that always have a film on top of the water

Random_ryan I have one and it works great. But it does need ajustments and it needs to be cleaned often. But you only need one if you dont have an overflow.

Back