T5 Lighting for 90g?!?!?!

easye123

Ok soo ive herd so much about t5 lighting and all good reviews.. i bought some t5's for my 29g and liked them.. the SLS retrokit was kinda ghetoo though..

im getin a 90g RR AGA and it is coming with two 175w 10k Mh's and 2x65w and i would ad my other t5's and maybe my current 150w halide.

if i were to sell all that i could have enough for a really nice t5 setup

so what im asking is would a 6x54 plus a 2x24 prob would be actinic be enough for anything from SPS to clams too lps and stuff..

i was thinkin about getting this guy
http://reefgeek.com/products/categories/lighting/104193.html
but i dont know if i could mount it inside a canopy.. or should i just get retrofits

i wanna know a lot more about t5 for corals like sps and clams and stuff whether or not they can handle it just as get if not better than the setup i explained

between the two setups which would yall go with

i would like any comments or suggestions with advice from people that have used them

I wouldn't bother with the 2 24's, the 6 lamp Tek will do. Just keep your high light critters up on the rocks a bit and you will be good.

so on a standar 90g if i keept 5 or 6 nice size pieces of sps like acros at the top of the tank... i should get good growth and color?

what bulb order would get me a phoenix 14k maybe a tad bluer

You would get good growth.

For lamps I would do

Front
ATI Blue Plus
UVL Super Actinic
UVL Aquasun
ATI Aquablue
Giesemann Midday
ATI Blue Plus

Back