T5 Lighting Schedule

tvm2487

I need a little bit of help from everyone I just bought a 6 bulb t5 light fixture and need some scheduling ideas the light has 2 blue bulbs and 4 white bulbs with a separate switch 1 for 2 bulbs and 1 for the other 4 bulbs also has 2 plugs for individual timers please help

Thanks Tony

I need a little bit of help from everyone I just bought a 6 bulb t5 light fixture and need some scheduling ideas the light has 2 blue bulbs and 4 white bulbs with a separate switch 1 for 2 bulbs and 1 for the other 4 bulbs also has 2 plugs for individual timers please help

Thanks Tony
I thought about getting same thing good question

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Most of us use the two bulbs for a sunrise/sunset. Then run all six for daytime.

Something like 2 bulbs on for 10hrs and add the 4 bulbs for about 8 hrs.

For the last year, I've been using ATI bulbs:

Blue plus
Coral plus
Purple plus
Blue plus
Aqua blue
Blue plus

Had it this way for about a year. I'm switching back to giesemann when I replace them.

For the last year, I've been using ATI bulbs:

Blue plus
Coral plus
Purple plus
Blue plus
Aqua blue
Blue plus

Had it this way for about a year. I'm switching back to giesemann when I replace them.

So would a good schedule be a white and blue bulb from like 10am - 12pm then all on from 12pm to 6pm then 2 back on from 6pm to 8pm

All thats needed is ~8 hours of light.. Whatever you do beyond that is personal preference..
There is no absolute need to run a sunrise/sunset.. But if it makes you happier thats just fine...

How far from the top of the tank should the light be placed right now I have it only like 3 inches off the top I feel like that's to close

seems like that would make it quite difficult to work on the tank, and you would get salt creep on the fixture.

What corals do (will) you have? That is the only thing that changing the height would affect.

I would guess most of us are at 6-9 inches.

Go to the lighting section and start doing some reading. You have to make a decision based on your likes and the tanks requirements.

my setup is obviously different because im supplementing LEDs, but i run mine for 6 hours during the day. 10" above water level though for me. IF i had a full T5 set up though id run 2 for 8hours being Blue+ then the others on for 6 with a mix of blue+ coral+ depending on how many bulbs i have.

Back