T5 supliment suggestions

jaylensdad06

I knew goin into buying my new leds that I was gonna supliment with t5...I really like the decision to go with the wifi extreme 32 SB reeflight. I have a new coralife 2 bulb t5 yhat I'm gonna take the ballast out of and end caps and get 2 guiesman reflectors to put on eother side of my fixture. The bulbs r 48inch. I've been goin back n forth if I want to use 2 or 4 bulbs and I decided on 2 for now. Only because I already have the coralife fixture to take apart. My question is what does every1 that does a led t5 combo run? Bulb wise. My leds have tru UV diodes so I don't think I need to run aqua blue special. Should I just run 2 B+ or mix it up?
My plan is to start out running like 2 to 3 hrs on the t5 to start and slowly get up to about 6 hrs. Am I right in this? Any suggrstions.

I run one blue plus and 1 Coral + and love the color with my LED
aff8a14f465d790d778f46e7aa76aadd.jpg

fbe100273b9d9a89924cde41b01a67c3.jpg

What I'm worried about is my led fixture is 32 ince long...n my t5s will be 48.....should I get the 36inch? I like the that the lower light corals can be on the ends and I worry they will get to much light even with only 2 t5

This is my plan for my 330. Feel free to stop by and see it one day.

This is my build thread about lights

I have two ATI Blue+, one on either side of my LED pucks and am happy with how my setup looks. I run my LEDs from 9am-11pm at varying levels (most intense between 12-3pm). I run my T5s from 11am-5pm. This is over a standard 75 and seems to be a good combo so far. Nothing really light hungry, most of inverts are LPS with a splash of SPS and softies here and there.

I have two ATI Blue+, one on either side of my LED pucks and am happy with how my setup looks. I run my LEDs from 9am-11pm at varying levels (most intense between 12-3pm). I run my T5s from 11am-5pm. This is over a standard 75 and seems to be a good combo so far. Nothing really light hungry, most of inverts are LPS with a splash of SPS and softies here and there.

pretty much the same here

It's over a standard 120. 4x2x2

I have a 300 which is 8x30tallx24wide. I have two photon 48's going down the center and then 4 ea. 4'T5's on either side of the Photons. On my 120, before I did the 300, I had exactly 1/2 of this or 1 Photon 48 going down the center with 1 T5 on either side. On T5's I had the best luck supplementing with Blue Plus. Personally, I did not like Aqua Blue Special or Actinic Plus and got best results from Blue plus.

On the 300, tank is deeper, so I run higher intensity on the LEDs than I did on the 120, but my photoperiod for the T5s is the same at 9 hours.

mike

This is awsome..ty every1...very helpfull. My photo period is close to every1s...my lights start turning on at 10am and completely off at 11pm. Moons at 50% for an hour to start and end the day. My blues max at 50 and my whites max at 30 on my leds. I run my max power for 6 hours in the middle of the photo period...I have only lost 1 coral in the last 6 months or so...but only have had the leds for about 2 months or so...the one I lost was a orange plate that I believe was cuz of flow...it's hard to find low flow at the bottom of my tank....

Back