T5HO Lighting Question

$eaba$$

Hey guys,

I have a 20 gallon tall, which is 16" tall. I have a quick question about T5HO lighting. If I were to get a 24" 4x24 watt T5HO fixture, how would you go with bulbs; two 10K and two actinic or three 10K and one actinic, or how else? The tank has pom pom xenia, octopus coral, mushrooms, and a green bubble tip anemone. I would like to have as much color as possible, but also good growth.

Thanks!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14175260#post14175260 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nikon187
2 actinic + or blue +
1 aqua sun
1 aquablue special or aquablue +

Thanks, but I was honestly just thinking about the bulbs that often come with the fixtures. What would you do with those?

Thanks

Curious by what you mean by "bulbs that come with the fixture". If we're talking about a mix of 10 000k and actinics, i would go 2 and 2 for best compromise of best growth and color.However, the set up that nikon mentioned will look way better. Unless i'm mistaken they're giesmann bulbs, i think you'd be happy with them.

so yea i'd gp two actinics and two 10000k. when you change them though, don't be afraid to try other colors :)

Back