Tampa Bay Saltwater, time for new blood!

What's happening here at RC?

Latest TBS goings ons:
Received 3rd container of Walt Smith to plant soon, received a pallet of Marco rock to try, decided to order a truck load of shipping boxes to keep up with orders, lots of bryozoans on the live rock this time of year, too many traps near the lease site so will be glad when stone crab season ends, the web site is now in the hands of a reef professional, Jocelyn is compiling a HUGE hitch hiker identification section for the site, learned the ropes of air cargo with over 80 orders delivered to 20 different states in our first 8 months, we can't wait for the water to warm up & the website to be finished AND p.s. Richard enjoying retirement.

Sea ya!
M & J

View attachment 32370957

That star if the picture is interesting. Never saw one with that coloration.

Check out this gorgeous sand that Jocelyn harvested yesterday!
Full of incredible biodiversity and good looking too!

IMG_3899.jpg

Nice I could use some.
You guys going to be collecting anything other than rock and sand?
Any inverts like cucumbers, stars, seagrass etc.

I need some sand cucumbers like the blacks. I am also looking for seagrass and mini starts soon for my mangrove tank.

how much is
Nice I could use some.

I need some sand cucumbers like the blacks. I am also looking for seagrass and mini starts soon for my mangrove tank.
how many metal halides do you have? they are many miles from where mangroves and seagrass grow. seagrass grows in extremely shallow water, sometimes growing riparian when the tide goes out. i have seen this myself outside one of the condos my grandma has lived in. they are known to swell with so much oxygen that they expand like 50% in the afternoon because they cannot release it all. they need very very very bright light comparable to sps & flow like sps also. contrary to popular belief, they are nothing like macroalgae and can never be treated like an afterthought or a "low tech" i dont know where you live but it would probably be easier to collect it yourself. i belive tbs sells brittle stars. and cucumbers. how large is the tank?

Last edited:
Nice I could use some.

Lots of desirable critters come up on the live rock: urchins, stars, porcelains and sometimes sea hares. We do have cucs in stock.

how much is

how many metal halides do you have? they are many miles from where mangroves and seagrass grow. seagrass grows in extremely shallow water, sometimes growing riparian when the tide goes out. i have seen this myself outside one of the condos my grandma has lived in. they are known to swell with so much oxygen that they expand like 50% in the afternoon because they cannot release it all. they need very very very bright light comparable to sps & flow like sps also. contrary to popular belief, they are nothing like macroalgae and can never be treated like an afterthought or a "low tech" i dont know where you live but it would probably be easier to collect it yourself. i belive tbs sells brittle stars. and cucumbers. how large is the tank?
Hand harvested live sand is $2.50 per pound.

This is the largest decorator crab we have ever seen. It traveled up to the boat on some live rock, and we returned him to the bottom to continue livin' the dream.

2628A849-C8F4-45AB-A856-22E3193C5876.JPG

In other news:
Woot, Woot, the new website is getting so close to a reveal!!! ...maybe FRIDAY!!!! ....maybe not.

Back