Tank of the Month - April 2007

hey louist!! that's one sweet nano.. real nice. hope you can post shots of your diy reactor. or maybe show us how such a small reactor works.

thanx

louist-
I'm wondering if you or anyone else on the web knows if I could buy already made external durso's like in your pictures a little earlier in your thread?
Contacted Rich at http://www.dursostandpipes.com/ but he doesn't do externals I guess, said the one in your link must have been made by the thread author. (you!) ;) I didn't realize you made them.
Anyone have more exact details on how to make and materials list, I'd love to try it myself, otherwise looking to buy already done.

Nice job again on your tank and entire setup louist!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9822573#post9822573 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by brownsugar
Hey Louis,

Great tank I'm another fellow Sydney resident. I have been to all the stores you mentioned above except for Kim's which i got the chance to visit today for the first time and then it all made sense.
I'm pretty sure they will be my new favorite LFS. I usually get my saltwater refills from Strictly (5.50 a drum) i dunno if it was on special or thats how it is normally but it was 3 bucks a refill at Kim's

Have you had a chance to check out St George Aquariums Rockdale & Majestic Aquariums in Taren Point? There a bit south but yeh very much worth the visit.

I just had two question about your Tunze items who did ya buy them from or did ya buy from online ?

And where did ya get ya metal halide lights for that size tank was it a DIY project or am i just not looking at the right places ?

Once again a great tank its a tribute your husbandry and its about time a nano made TOTM - even sweeter if its a fellow Aussie
Hey Brownsugar, $3/25L is Kim's usual price on NSW. They used to do me $3/30L (because I have 30L drums) but not lately, perhaps because I've been really busy and haven't been in much at all.

I heard about St George and Majestic however St George doesn't even open on Sundays! They are very far from me and I know of two reefers who live rather close to both shops, and I am sure they clean out the nicest stocks :D

I got all my Tunze stuff from Michael of Reefing Life. As a member of the Marine Aquarium Society of Sydney (MASS), I get 10% discount off the retail price and Michael's customer service is 110%. He's helped me through all the whole Nanostream disaster (of the 4 pumps I have, 3 have failed. 2x6045, 2x6025).

The metail halide is an Aquamedic Oceanlight 150. I got it from Chris of Nanotuners. However, I did change the ballast to an OSRAM one, which came from Tim of Advanced Reef Aquariums (another MASS sponsor, and regular at meetings).

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9881248#post9881248 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spy_spy
hey louist!! that's one sweet nano.. real nice. hope you can post shots of your diy reactor. or maybe show us how such a small reactor works.

thanx
Spy_Spy, the only photo I have of this reactor is the one you see in the write up. I wish I have the DIY skill for something like that. It's nothing special in terms of design. It is just an acrylic box with a recirculation pump and holes for CO2 in, water in and water out.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9891264#post9891264 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ocean In A Box
louist-
I'm wondering if you or anyone else on the web knows if I could buy already made external durso's like in your pictures a little earlier in your thread?
Contacted Rich at http://www.dursostandpipes.com/ but he doesn't do externals I guess, said the one in your link must have been made by the thread author. (you!) ;) I didn't realize you made them.
Anyone have more exact details on how to make and materials list, I'd love to try it myself, otherwise looking to buy already done.

Nice job again on your tank and entire setup louist!
Ocean In A Box, I am not sure if you can buy readily made ones. These are easy enough to make though. Considering your skill in your nano-in-the-wall, I am sure you will have no problems. Besides the bulkhead, all you need are these:
1. PVC-T with slip fittings and NPT thread
2. PVC cap for the T
3. PVC pipe for joining stuff together and for the rest of the plumbing, or a hose barb/director if you want to use vinyl hose.

I would give you the part numbers, but I don't think they are relevant for you guys. Take a look at Dural Irrigation's website (www.duralirrigation.com) and they have pictures of all the fittings. I got all mine from there. The ones I used are under LDPE and poly-fittings. They are a.k.a "rual fittings" or "irrigation fittings" here in Australia.

Awesome tank Louist.......

Question, what are the legs you are using for the light fixture on the tank?

Where can I get them?
Are they made for that light?
If not , hoe did you get them on there??

Congrats on TOTM....

Awesome tank Louist.......

Question, what are the legs you are using for the light fixture on the tank?

Where can I get them?
Are they made for that light?
If not , hoe did you get them on there??

Congrats on TOTM....

Back