Tank of the Month - August 2004

Skipper

Premium Member
This month we are featuring Archie Luz's (archie) beautiful soft coral reef:

More details can be found here or by clicking on the picture above.

Congratulations, Archie!

ABSOLUTLY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!! this is THE singular BEST LOOKING reef tank i have EVER seen.... well done!!! Do you have a photo of your Xenia? is it in the mag? I think the electric pink ricordea is the nicest one of its type ive ever seen!!!!

I was wondering what type of sand bed that is how deep?, also what type of skimmer and filteration he is using. I have a 55 im going to start up.

I agree with JumboShrimp that really is the best tank I have ever seen your Ric and Zoas are just amazing... I hope one day to have my tank look like that

FINALLY!!! I've been waiting for a ROTM without SPS. That is one awesome looking tank. I like that multicolored yuma.

I want to weep! I have been at this hobby for almost 10 yrs and have spend more money then i thought possible. My tank looks like crap and I still struggle to keep anything alive! THAT IS A TOTALLY UNBELIEVABLE TANK. Unfortunately it makes me want to totally give up. Is there someone I can pay to come to my house and make my tank look that way???? At this point I would pay whatever it takes to have results half that good.

great looking tank, definitely up there with Mucho's tank back a few years ago.

incredible colours, an inspiration that shows you can have a great, colourful tank without going sps.

congrats

That is really beautiful and everything just looks so happy!

I'll echo some of the others and say how nice it is to see a TOTM that is actually affordably set up with lighting that folks can realistically afford to run without cranking up the A/C.

I believe your attention to good food has made all of the difference- just look at those ricordia and zo's!! They are screaming with joy!

I am impressed and so very happy that your tank was chosen.

I only wish I could have been the first one to reply. Archie that is a stunning reef you have there. You have done an outstanding job, keep up the good work my friend. August must be the official month for softies. Again, 2 thumbs up.

Mucho Reef

This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful tanks I've ever seen. You said in the article that you used to keep sps corals but decided to keep zoo's and ricordea because you essentially wanted a tank that was lower maintenance or would require less of your time (my words, not yours). Could you comment on your maintenance routine with this tank and how it's less time consuming than your sps tank was? Thanks.

Back