Tank of the Month - February 2007

It would be nice to have some feedback on all of these positive comments on your TOTM which is well deserved. It says you have 23 fish in your stock list but you don't see but 2-3 fish in any of the pics. How did you get them to move for the pics? Every time I go near my tank it is like the fish are always expecting food to be thrown in and they all come and dart all over the place. Just wondering if they we're hideing for some reason.

I'm going to be a newbie at this but you said that Aqua-tech did the custom 20 gallon refugium, is Aqua-tech one of the sponsors here?

inspirational

inspirational

Dessy, I have a 55 gallon reef and want to upgrade. However, I do not want to build another room to house all of the equipment that we see in past Tanks of the Month. I will definitely use your minimalist approach when planning my upgrade. I assume your tank gets the trace elements from the small weekly water changes. I am considering a calcium reactor since I am always worried about my alkalinity and calcium levels. Congrats! John M

Beautiful! I have the exact same tank at home but right now it's filled with softies cause I only have PC's and would like to know more about your light fixture. It's very hard to find 60" fixtures to fit my tank. I'm also wondering if a fixture that isn't suspended above the tank would melt the center brace.

It was great to see how much could be done with this type of tank..congratulations on TOTM!

You have a nice tank and I love your clown fishes.

How did you plumbed the EV-180 to the refugium?
Do you have a picture of it connecting to the refugium?
Isn't 85 degree F. hot for your corals?
What kindof black clown are those? False or true perc?
Really hard to tell because of the black line. Congraduation and wish you luck on the tank.

A tank setup that is within REASON

A tank setup that is within REASON

I am glad to finally see a tank setup that is within REASON both from an expense and space limitation situation. You see so many setups with half a basement and a full closet being use to filter one display tank.

Back