Tank of the Month - January 2008

My 15 footer will be shipped next week would like to ask a few questions on how you set yours up. Especially where you bought your protein skimmer. Thanks

Epxoy and vent fan

Epxoy and vent fan

Energy, the Epoxy...that gets painted over the Great Stuff?? If so, why? I thought the Great stuff eventually acts like live rock itself as it is so pourious. Also, i recall seeing more details about your ventalation system,(close-up pics), and a link as to where to buy the fans in question. Can you or someone help me with these things please? :)

Epxoy and vent fan

Epxoy and vent fan

Energy, the Epoxy...that gets painted over the Great Stuff?? If so, why? I thought the Great stuff eventually acts like live rock itself as it is so pourious. Also, i recall seeing more details about your ventalation system,(close-up pics), and a link as to where to buy the fans in question. Can you or someone help me with these things please? :)

Nomadic- the epoxy is mixed with aragonite and then painted over the greatstuff. This turns the foam into liverock like texture so corraline and corals can adhere. It looks like liverock as well. Otherwise it takes a lot longer for the corraline to stick to the bare foam.

Ventalation system- the most imporant component is the windows. I could throw everything else out as long as I kept the windows. The fans came from Home Depot and Menards. There's nothing special about them- use whatever kind will fit into your space.

it was cool looking at your corals yesterday at the frag swap, didnt get the chance to chat with ya, and didnt have the money to buy from ya, but it was still fun to just look around.

im still watching the calender for "meeting at energy's house"

Aquatic Acrylics?

Aquatic Acrylics?

How does one contact Aquatic Acrylics? I am really interested in the skimmer that you have for your tank.

Wow

Wow

I know its been a few years, but wow. I am getting started on what now seems like a puny little trickle filter.

I do not understand why you do not own a public aquarium with a tank that beautiful.

That is more than an obsession my friend, you have it down to an art. Sure there are people that pay technicians and can afford "fish nannies." and their tanks look outstanding.

But you have one of the nicest looking tanks I have aver seen aesthetically. The multitudes of color are almost perfect. I could not have imagined an ocean paradise any more brilliant than that.

It would easily replace my television in an instant, and possibly my bathroom.

Back