Tank of the Month - June 2012

IridescentLily

Editor-Reefkeeping mag
Team RC
This month we are featuring the beautiful Reef Aquarium of Nano (Letter2No)

FTS_sm.jpg

More details can be found here.

Congratulations Nano!

Also check out the Reefkeeping Blog!

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 431px" border=2 cellSpacing=2 borderColor=#006699 cellPadding=1 align=center>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#006699 width="73%"><CENTER>If you'd like to nominate a tank for Tank of the Month, click here or use the button to the right.</CENTER></TD>
<TD bgColor=#ffffff width="27%"></TD>

</TR>

</TBODY>

</TABLE>

Beautiful tank and just goes to show that simplicity can still produce a beautiful reef. Link at end of ReefKeeping article did not go here and was broken but I still know where it is:)

Wow really freaking cool tank. think you have inspired me to do no water changes haha! I am wondering though do you feel at all limited on your coral selection since you dont do water changes? Really awesome tank though and congrats.

Beautiful tank and just goes to show that simplicity can still produce a beautiful reef. Link at end of ReefKeeping article did not go here and was broken but I still know where it is:)
Whoops....i'll go fix that, thx for letting me know.

No carbon, no gfo, no dosing pumps, no water changes...

Softies, lps, sps in the same system...

Ceramic rings and bioballs...

Beautiful tank.

I give up trying to understand this hobby.

Congrautlations to Nano, but we really are looking forward to know how if he is really not using GFO, GAC and no water changes at all, such a clean tank!!

No carbon, no gfo, no dosing pumps, no water changes...

Softies, lps, sps in the same system...

Ceramic rings and bioballs...

Beautiful tank.

I give up trying to understand this hobby.

I know right! For some reason i think if i attempted no water changes my system would have a massive crash after a certain period of time. He seems to have mastered the no maintence aspect. I think most of his success if probably from his large fuge. Gives him the ability to export nutrients without water changes.

Can someone pleeeease explain to me how one could have a successful tank, running for at least 1 or 2 years, and not do 1 water change. I understand that you can add depleted elements but what about filthy water? Would the water parameters be stable?? HOw is this possible? What do you have to do to maintain tank?

I also wish someone could explain the phenomenon of this tank. Running almost 4 years and no WC? I understand that you can add back the minerals but what about all the trace one iron strontium etc? This tank just amazes me.

Back