Tank of the Month - September '06

snapped a pic really quick while i was home for lunch...

excuse the mess, but it is starting to take shape again

FTS9-25-06.jpg

Your picture did not work when you posted it. You can try checking the link IMG and see.

N/M nice picture... Where are all the LRs? Did you do some trimming?

i pulled about half the rock... sold a bunch of colonies... and remaing colonies have been pruned here and there

once all of these guys settle and prove happy... i will put a coupla nice things from the frag tank in.

then i will need to clean up the debris on the sand bed.

every new beginning has to start somewhere.

Hey Kip the pictures aren't loading up for some reason. Have you lost the link to them?

Thanks,
Bill

Wow!!! The tank looks so open now!! I see you got rid of the Caps. I am thinking about doing the same thing.

there still some cap in there.... just trying to figure out the least obtrusive places to put it... more than likely on the very bottom snuggled up to the rockwork is where it will go.

but yeah.... waaay open now.... lovin' it... seems a little more natural (well.. as natural as can be in a glass box)

Hey Kip, congrats! I haven't been online much at all lately, I almost missed this thread. Your tank looks fantastic as always. An honor I thought was long overdue. I need to come see it in person some time soon.

Last edited:
atzak...

thanks... c'mon down

actually.. i will be up there for a little 3 day getaway next week... i would say that i'd come see your tank, but that'd probably go over like a fart in a diving helmet with me missus.

thanks mucho

thanks nandan

Sanjay Joshi - Engineering Professor at Penn St University

He came to my house for a visit during a trip to speak at a local club meeting. The next day I was in the caravan that taxi'd him around the area, so I got to know him a little bit.

In the hobby, he is known for his work with halide lighting tests and the data derived from them. You can see that information at this link.... http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com/index.htm

Back